Education has been essential to human progress since ancient times. This empowers a person to progress in his/her life and career. Even the simple act of learning the basic alphabet and numbers empowers a person to confidently communicate and conduct dealings with others.
Education is decreed by law to be a fundamental right. This is irrespective of any distinctions in people, including caste, gender, age, etc. Subsequently, this has shown tremendous results in the number of children and adults getting educated and taking up careers of their choice.
This number has ever kept increasing thanks to the evolving application of technology. The application of technology in imparting education was seen most prominently during the COVID-19 period. One couldn’t have imagined using technology at such a massive scale to conduct school classes, tuition, and even bachelor’s and master’s level degree programs earlier. Yes, maybe at the elite educational institutions in the West. New technologies have made it affordable to upscale the reach of knowledge within hours or just minutes. One such example is that of Ed-tech platforms which have made learning very interesting.
10 reasons to adopt technology in education:
- Learning with an element of fun.
- Supports different types of learning and learners. There are different methods of teaching and students with different learning needs. Technology helps fill the gap.
- Preparing students to face the modern workforce. It arms students with various tools, like blogs, videos, etc., to prepare them for their future.
- Giving students a picture of real-world things. Students know about things they haven’t seen or heard before.
- Encourages students to connect and work together on common goals, projects, etc.
- Trains students to become responsible citizens in the virtual world too.
- Teaches and trains students to find the right information easily.
- Technology helps students expand their scope of learning. With or without assistance, students can research extra information online on the subject they are learning or intend to learn.
- It enhances student creativity by giving various options to learn. For example, a student could learn coding or maybe a new language. This may even reveal the career path that the student should take.
- Technology breaks the monopoly of rote learning. It inspires student curiosity and even questions the relevance of an existing belief.
Technology is a new way.
Technology has so many applications in the field of education if we take a deeper look. So, we’ve just highlighted a few important ones. But these points alone show us the importance of technology as a parent and an educator.
Hence, with the advancement of technology, there is no going back. Additionally, Government schools are now being empowered with technology to move away from the traditional way of learning.
We, at, Skill Stork, have been very much at the forefront of applying technology in our day-to-day education. As a result, this has immensely benefitted our students. Going through our website in detail will tell you how technology is used in our school daily.